EARN PASSIVE INCOME

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lantapan LGU lauds NFA’s intensified drive on I-Rice consumption

MALAYBALAY CITY, Bukidnon -- The local government unit (LGU) of Lantapan lauded the National Food Authority’s (NFA) intensified drive on Iron-Fortified Rice (I-Rice) consumption during the Diskwento Caravan and I-Rice cooking demonstration held in town. 

Mayor Godofredo I. Balansag said NFA’s drive on I-Rice consumption helped local folks understand why there is a need to use it.

“We should promote and patronize I-Rice because the National Nutrition Council and the Department of Health endorsed it. It has been proven effective in fighting anemia among children, pregnant and lactating mothers,” the mayor said during the town’s 44th Foundation Day ceremony.

At present, NFA accredited retail outlets nationwide are selling I-Rice at P27 a kilo.

Victoria R. Duray, provincial manager of NFA Bukidnon said, “We have sufficient supply of iron rice premix to produce I-Rice when needed.”

“Anytime the consumers and LGUs demand for I-Rice, NFA can assure you that these are ready and available,” she added.

NFA is tasked to fortify rice with iron in compliance to Republic Act No. 8976 known as “The Philippines Food Fortification Act of 2000.”

The government hopes that fortification of rice with iron will lessen the rising cases of anemia and help combat problems on micronutrient deficiency especially among school children. (RLRB, PIA/Maria Socorro S. Mellomida, NFA Bukidnon)

Komentar :

ada 0 comments ke “Lantapan LGU lauds NFA’s intensified drive on I-Rice consumption”

Post a Comment

 

© 2009 Fresh Template. Powered by Blogger.

Fresh Template by NdyTeeN